Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Wonder

I dreamed a dream


Far, far away, stranded upon ice near black
The shadows, they whispered behind my back


I stumbled alone; I hoped for someone near
To drive the weak of my bones, rid me of this fear


Of the cruel sisters of Emptiness, Loneliness
Quiet Nothingness


But lo, that’s when I looked up and saw
Forces raw and pure floating o’er the tor


An eerie midnight gathering of Souls
Swirling spirits, nigh centuries old


Where the Lost Hearts warm themselves o’er the fire
Pearls in the dust; gleaming desire


A Fire in the Blizzard, Sanctuary for the Cold
The Dance of Life, by the dead we’ve buried in gold


And then a voice told me I was now part
Of Something more; there shone the warmth in my heart


I wonder


Do many Losts make a Found?

4 comments:

  1. "Do many losts make a found?" Outstanding. Again, very rock -- even Tull-ish, in parts. You're extremely talented, Wanderer.

    ReplyDelete