Monday, May 12, 2014

Five Stages

What pisses me off is that when all this started you said you would come back if I changed...

You made me believe that I could be better than I was. That I could hope to be good enough for you.

Then you said that you didn't believe me when I told you that I love you, that I would lay my world at your feet, my dreams in your heart and my hopes in your arms.

Then you told me that if we ever had a chance to get back together, we would and that I should have faith. That I should believe in our destiny and let it take its course...

When I told you that we would grow apart, that we would drift...that we wouldn't recognize each other anymore.

Last night you told me you barely even think about me anymore.

Today you told me that I should stop talking to you, that you needed space.

Now I dream by myself.

The truth is I never did have a chance, did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment